Whitney Johnson on Personal Disruption and Being a World Class Coach
Whitney Johnson knows the best way to push people beyond their own limits and help them reach their goals.
Whitney has built her life and career around disruption. She has been named one of the 50 leading business thinkers by Thinkers50 and is the author of several award winning books, including Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work and Build an “A” Team: Play To Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve. Whitney has also been named a top 15 coach by Marshall Goldsmith and is the host of the Disrupt Yourself Podcast.
Whitney joined host Robert Glazer on the Elevate Podcast to talk about working on Wall Street, personal disruption, and why it’s sometimes necessary to take a step backwards in order to pursue the correct path.
Listen to this episode on your favorite platform
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Whitney started out with a music degree.
- Whitney’s experience working on Wall Street, starting as a secretary and working her way up.
- The first personal disruption Whitney made, and how it changed her career.
- Why leadership requires having and stating an opinion.
- The importance of core values.
- How disruption works for industries, and why Whitney applies it to personal development.
- Why people tend to develop on an S-Curve and how to change that.
- How leaders can get the most from their teams even over a long period of time.
- A mistake Whitney has made, and what she learned from it.
Links from the Episode
The Disrupt Yourself Podcast
Disrupt Yourself by Whitney Johnson
Guest: Whitney Johnson
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate Podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!