Warren Rustand is a serial entrepreneur, educator and public servant, and he has dedicated his life to serving others in business, public service and his family life. Warren served as Appointments Secretary to President Gerald Ford, has been Chairman or CEO of 17 companies and has served on the board of more than 20 others. He is also the author of the new book, The Leader Within Us.
Throughout his career, Warren has dedicated time to educating others and improving the human condition wherever he finds it. He was a previous Chairman of the World Presidents Organization, and is the Dean of Leadership for the Entrepreneurs’ Organization. Warren has 7 children, 19 grandchildren, and has been married for 55 years.
Warren joined host Robert Glazer on the Elevate Podcast to talk how to working for President Ford, raising a family of seven children and 19 grandchildren, playing in the NBA, and building a purpose-driven life.
Listen to this episode on your favorite platform
A big thanks to our episode sponsors HoneyBook and Predictive Index!
When you started your business, you probably didn’t do it so you could spend all day doing admin tasks like drafting proposals, contracts and invoices. HoneyBook is here to help you do all the administrative things your business needs, but you don’t want to spend valuable time doing yourself.
Professional templates, e-signature technology and booking software are just a few of the things HoneyBook can offer to help your business run efficiently and look professional to clients and vendors. They can even consolidate services you already use, like G-Suite and MailChimp.
Listeners of this podcast can get 50% off your first year of HoneyBook by going to Honeybook.com/elevate/.
Every business leader wants to get the right people in the right seats at their company. A leading talent optimization firm, Predictive Index has the tools you need to get the most out of your teams and make sure you have the people you need to build the business you want.
You can request a demo of the Predictive Index by going to predictiveindex.com/elevate/.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Warren began his life on a small farm in Northern Minnesota.
- Warren’s basketball career, including playing for University of Arizona, the Golden State Warriors in the NBA, and Team USA.
- How Warren became a White House Fellow.
- Warren’s experience leading the first US Trade Mission to the Soviet Union.
- Warren’s experience working in the White House during the resignation of Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford’s Presidency.
- Servant leadership and the importance of service.
- Finding purpose, and how to design a purpose-driven life.
- How Warren asked his wife out 53 times before she said yes.
- Warren’s family of seven children and 19 grandchildren.
- A mistake Warren has made, and what he learned from it.
Links from the Episode
Guest: Warren Rustand
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate Podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!