Tim Urban on Asking Why and Appreciating Life
In this episode of the Elevate Podcast, host Robert Glazer sits down with Tim Urban creator of the popular blog Wait But Why. In a wide ranging conversation, Robert and Tim dig into Tim’s career as a writer, his TED Talk on why everybody is a procrastinator, and an eye-opening post Tim wrote that creates a visual timeline of a human life and emphasizes that we have less time with loved ones than we think, even in the best case scenario.
Tim’s blog, Wait But Why, draws millions of views to each new post, and his TED Talk, “Inside the mind of a master procrastinator,” has been viewed over 30 million times.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Tim became a professional writer almost by accident.
- Tim’s blog Wait But Why, including how he started it and his process in creating new posts and finding fascinating topics.
- Tim’s TED Talk on procrastination, including why Tim thinks everybody is a procrastinator.
- The difference between urgent tasks and important ones.
- Tim’s Life Calendar concept, which places all the weeks in a human life in a visual format.
- Why it’s vital to take a zoomed out view on life and the way we spend our time.
- Changes Tim has made in his life since writing about the Life Calendar.
- A mistake Tim has made, and what he learned from it.
Listen to this episode on your favorite platform
Guest: Tim Urban
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate Podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!