Garry Ridge on Transforming a Global Company Culture
Garry Ridge, in addition to being an accomplished leader, has committed to being a lifelong learner. He is the CEO of WD-40 Company, a global corporation that, despite its size and scope, has fostered a 93 percent employee engagement rate.
Garry was named Igniter of the Year by Simon Sinek in 2016 and is a world-famous author, speaker and executive coach. On this episode of the Elevate Podcast, Garry joins host Robert Glazer to talk about transforming WD-40’s culture by building an environment of learning, collaboration and accountability.
Listen to this episode on your favorite platform
A big thanks to our episode sponsor, DoorDash
Long day at work? Still stuck at the office? Treat yourself to the meal you deserve, and have your favorite restaurants come to you, with DoorDash. DoorDash connects you to 340,000 restaurants in over 3,300 cities, so not only are your favorites on there, but you might a great new spot as well.
Don’t worry about dinner, let dinner come to you. Get $5 off your first order of $15 or more by downloading the DoorDash app and entering the promo code ELEVATE.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Garry got his start at WD-40 in 1987 and worked his way up to CEO.
- How Garry grew WD-40 from $300 million to $2.4 billion in value by improving the company’s culture.
- Why Garry decided to go back to school for his Masters Degree in Leadership after becoming CEO.
- Why Garry focused the culture of WD-40 on continuous learning and collaboration.
- Garry’s book, Helping People Win at Work, and why leaders are responsible for improving their teams’ performance.
- How Garry started The Learning Moment, and what he teaches.
- The importance of servant leadership in any business.
- A mistake Garry has made, and what he learned from it.
Links from the Episode
Helping People Win at Work by Ken Blanchard and Garry Ridge
Invite Garry to Speak
Guest: Garry Ridge
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!