David Meerman Scott on Building a Passionate Fanbase
David Meerman Scott has established himself as one of the world’s leading voices on marketing trends.
He’s a bestselling author and world-renowned keynote speaker who has spoken on all seven continents and at companies like Google and Microsoft. He is the author of multiple bestsellers, including The New Rules of Marketing of Marketing and PR and the new release, Fanocracy, which he co-authored with his daughter, Reiko Scott.
David joined host Robert Glazer on the Elevate Podcast to talk about the trends he has foreseen in the marketing world, the importance of building a loyal, passionate fanbase, speaking on all seven continents and writing a book with his daughter.
Listen to this episode on your favorite platform
A big thanks to our episode sponsors the Predictive Index and SaneBox!
Every business leader wants to get the right people in the right seats at their company. A leading talent optimization firm, Predictive Index has the tools you need to get the most out of your teams and make sure you have the people you need to build the business you want.
You can request a demo of the Predictive Index by going to predictiveindex.com/elevate/.
Is email a soul crushing distraction? If so, then you need SaneBox.
SaneBox’s Artificial Intelligence monitors your Inbox. Automatically, knucklehead email is moved to your SaneLater folder. All that’s left is the important stuff and your smiles. If you know how email folders work, then you know how SaneBox works. Find an email in the wrong folder? Just move it! Nothing to learn. Nothing to install. SaneBox works directly with every single email server or service that has ever been created.
Get a free two-week trial AND a $25 credit, by visiting https://www.sanebox.com/elevate.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How David started his career and grew into a thought leader on marketing trends.
- Three key marketing trends David has predicted in his career.
- How David wrote books about two of his greatest passions—the Grateful Dead and Lunar Missions—and tied those concepts to marketing success.
- How David ended up traveling to, and delivering a keynote speech in, Antarctica.
- Why passionate fans can propel any business to success.
- Why David decided to co-author a book with his daughter, Reiko Scott.
- David’s fascination with politics and his thoughts on the 2020 election.
- A mistake David has made, and what he learned from it.
Links from the Episode
Guest: David Meerman Scott
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate Podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!