David Baker on Elevating Expertise in Business
From growing up with a tribe of Mayan Indians in a remote village in Guatemala to becoming an author of five books, high performance motorcycle racer and TEDx speaker, David Baker’s vast and varied background is one of the things that makes him a sought-after business and marketing consultant.
In this episode of Elevate with Robert Glazer, Robert talks with David about his fascinating background and some key insights from his newest book, The Business of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Convert Insight to Impact + Wealth.
- Why it’s so important to specialize or be an expert in business today
- How to make better decisions as a business when demand exceeds supply
- Some of the mistakes David’s made in his career that he’s learned the most from
- About the most common mistakes David see’s professional service firms making
- Examples of companies that are nailing the concept of identifying their expertise
- What parallels David sees between advising entrepreneurs and high- performance motorcycle racing
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
Guest: David Baker
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate with Robert Glazer episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe for FREE so you don’t miss an episode!