Allie Mooney on Leading Through Influence
Allie Mooney is an award-winning keynote speaker and a leading expert on what people need. She travels around the world to teach people how to better understand their teams, friends and partners, and to build stronger personal and professional relationships.
Allie has won Speaker of the Year in her home country of New Zealand three times and is one of just five percent of all speakers to receive the Certified Speaking Professional award. She is also the author of the bestselling book Pushing the Right Buttons.
Allie joined host Robert Glazer on the Elevate Podcast to discuss how Pushing the Right Buttons transforms businesses, strengthened her own marriage, and gives people the ability to lead through influence.
Listen to this episode on your favorite platform
A big thanks to our episode sponsor, DoorDash
Long day at work? Still stuck at the office? Treat yourself to the meal you deserve, and have your favorite restaurants come to you, with DoorDash. DoorDash connects you to 340,000 restaurants in over 3,300 cities, so not only are your favorites on there, but you might a great new spot as well.
Don’t worry about dinner, let dinner come to you. Get $5 off your first order of $15 or more by downloading the DoorDash app and entering the promo code ELEVATE.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Allie’s start in the airline industry and how her customer service experience helped her develop her leadership style.
- Allie’s appearance in a famous television commercial.
- What the four styles of influence are, how they make people behave, and how you can use them to lead.
- How understanding the four styles is equally important in personal relationships as in professional.
- A mistake Allie has made, and what she learned from it.
Links from the Episode
Pressing the Right Buttons by Allison Mooney
Guest: Allie Mooney
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Elevate podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!